Testing ServicesSpecialized Electromagnetic Interference and Electromagnetic Compatibility Testing.
We provide emissions (EMI) and immunity (EMC) testing services, specializing in telecommunications and wireless technology.
- USA – FCC Parts 15 & 18
- Canada – ISED Parts ICES-001, ICES-003, ICES-005
- Japan – VCCI V-3
- Australia & New Zealand – AS/NZS Series
- South Korea – KN Series
- European Union – EN Series (application of CE Marking under EMC Directive)
Emissions Testing Services
Testing standards vary by region. Economies of the United States (FCC), Canada (ISED), Australia/New Zealand (ACMA), Taiwan (BSMI) require products be tested to emissions standards. Meanwhile, economies of Europe (CE) and South Korea (KCC) require products be tested to both emissions and immunity standards.
Radiated Emissions tests are performed on an enclosed 3/10 meter open area test site.
Testing is conducted utilizing:
- RF Anechoic Chamber – Ambient-free environment for radiated emissions pre-scans and emissions engineering tests
- Free Space Measurements – Per ANSI and CISPR measurement standards, products above 1 GHz are measured in a free space environment
- Low Frequency Harmonics/Flicker Testing – State-of-the-art equipment provides fast, accurate results compliant to European regulations (EN 61000-3-2, EN 61000-3-3, JIS C 61000-3-2)
- Groundplane – 3 x 3.5 Meter Groundplane with a 2 x 2 Meter Vertical Plane is used for Conducted Emissions Testing.
Immunity Testing Services
Testing standards vary by region. Economies of Europe (CE) and South Korea (KCC) require products be tested to both emissions and immunity standards.
Testing is conducted utilizing:
- Electro-Static Discharge (ESD) Immunity – Setup provides up to 8 kV of contact discharge and 15 kV of air discharge (EN 61000-4-2)
- Radiated Radio-Frequency (RF) Immunity- A BiconiLog antenna is used for Radiated RF Immunity Testing from 80 to 1000 MHz and a Horn Antenna is used from 1 to 6 GHz generating fields up to 20 V/m (EN 61000-4-3)
- Electrical Fast Transient (EFT) Immunity System – Provides up 4 kV on single phase 230 Volt 16 Amp mains power and up to 2 kV via a coupling clamp onto I/O cables (EN 61000-4-4)
- Surge Immunity – Mains powered single phase 230 VAC, 16 Amp devices can be applied up to 4 kV and I/O cables can be surged up to 2 kV via a coupling network (EN 61000-4-5)
- Conducted Immunity – RF Amplifier with coupling decoupling networks (CDNs) generate up to 20 Vrms from 100 kHz to 230 MHz (EN 61000-4-6)
- Power Frequency Magnetic Fields – Helmholtz coil generates fields up to 100 A/m (EN 61000-4-8)
- Voltage Dips, Interrupts and Short Variations Immunity – 0 to 100 % onto Mains powered single phase 230 VAC, 16 Amp devices (EN 61000-4-11) and up to 25 Amps (EN 61000-4-34)
Telecommunications Testing Services
Testing is performed on analog interface, digital interface, and acoustical testing products.
Analog Interface Products – Performance Measurements include Return Loss, DTMF Twist
- Loop Start (Modems, Telephones)
- Multiple Line Devices (PBX’s)
- Caller ID Products (Type 1 & 2)
- Stutter Dial Tone Products
Digital Interface Products – Performance Measurements include Return Loss, Jitter, Wander
- ISDN Primary & Basic Rate Interfaces
- T1 / DS1 – 1.544 Mbps Interfaces
- Subrate DDS Interfaces 2.4 – 64 kbps
- Digital Subscriber LINE Interfaces (ADSL, G.SHDSL, HDSL & SDSL)
Acoustical Testing Services
- FCC Part 68.317/68.318
- IC CS03 Part V
- ACMA AS/ACIF S004
- ACMA AS/ACIF S040
- ETSI TBR 38
Wireless Testing Services
We provide wireless testing for the USA (FCC), Canada (ISED), Australia/New Zealand (ACMA/RSM) and European Union (EN/ETSI Series) for CE Marking application of the Radio Equipment Directive (RED).
New Testing Services
We now offer SEMI F47 Testing, utilizing a PSL F47-480V-50A Tester. This portable Industrial Power Corruptor measures voltage sag immunity.
Test Standards Include:
- SEMI F47 0706 (0812)
- IEC/EN 61000-4-11
- IEC/EN 61000-4-34
- SEMI E6 0914