About Compliance WorldwideA brief history of our company spanning two decades.
Compliance Worldwide was founded in December 1996 to provide North American emissions and wireless testing services and approval liaison services. We also provided wireline telecommunications consulting services for electronic manufacturing companies in New England. In March of 1997 we purchased our first major piece of measuring equipment for emissions testing an HP 8546A EMI Test Receiver to be used with our 3/10 Meter Open Area Test Site (OATS).
In the Spring of 1998 we expanded our service offerings to include the testing of wireline telecommunications products in the USA under FCC Part 68 and later that year for Canada under IC CS03. Our service offerings included digital telecommunications interfaces such as T1, ISDN Primary and Basic Rate Interfaces and analog telecommunications interfaces such as telephones with handsets, modems, FXO, DID, Loop Start and Ground Start Cards for PBX systems.
In December 1999 we were able to acquire a state of the art EMC testing facility in Sandown, New Hampshire and moved our operations in January 2000. The new facility included a compact semi-anechoic 3 meter chamber, a 3/10 meter Enclosed Open Area Test Site with 10 foot turntable and a 230 VAC 50 Hz, 25 Amp Motor Generator to provide European Power. Also, the facilty came with the equipment to provide Immunity testing services for CE Mark testing including Electro-Static Dischage (ESD), Radiated Radio Frequency Interference (RFI), Electrical Fast Transients (EFT) and Lightning Surge.
Over the Summer of 2000 and into 2001 we continued to increase our service offerings in the area of Immunity (Susceptibility) Testing services including Conducted RFI, Power Frequency Magnetic Fields and Voltage Dips, Interruptions and Short Variations. We also added Harmonics and Flicker capability to test for Emissions in Europe.
- On July 14th 2000, we achieved accreditation from A2LA under ISO Guide 25-1990. This led to becoming designated by NIST as a Competent Assessment Body (CAB) for Industry Canada IC CS-03 Telecom, Taiwan (BSMI) CNS 13438 Emissions and as a Recognized Testing Laboratory (RTA) for Australia.
- In January 2002 we updated our A2LA accreditation to ISO Guide 17025-1999 and increased the number of standards we were accredited to over 100 standards.
- In May 2002 we expanded our Wireline Telecommunications testing laboratory to provide E1 & ISDN testing services for Australian and European Requirements.
- In March 2005 we became listed with VCCI for approvals of Information Technology Equipment (ITE) in Japan.
- In 2006 we celebrated our 10th year of being in business.
- In January 2007 we expanded our wireless testing capable to extend our upper measurement range for devices from 26.5 GHz to 110 GHz.
- Over the Spring and Summer months of 2007 we became designated by NIST under the APEC-MRA for the economies of Hong Kong (HKTA), Singapore (IDA), South Korea (RRL), Australia (ACMA) & Taiwan (NCC).
- In the Summer of 2008 we added 3 Phase 208 Volt, 60 Hz at 30 Amps per phase to our internal capabilities.
- Over the Summer of 2009 we added office space to the front of our building.
- In the Spring of 2010 we added a ground penetrating radar (GPR) Test Site to the rear of our enclosed 10 Meter Open Area Test Site (OATS).
- In 2011 we celebrated our 15th year of being in business.
- In the Fall of 2012 we added onto the front of our building, adding office space, additional lab space and a 3 Meter OATS site dedicated to testing devices above 1 GHz.
- In 2016 we celebrated our 20th year of being in business.
- Starting at the end of 2016 and into 2017 we replaced and enlarged our 10 Meter OATS ground plane outside the building and enclosed our Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) Test site.
- In 2018 we upgraded the laboratory in multiple areas improving and expanding our capabilities for Emissions, Radiated Immunity, Lightning Surge, Conducted Immunity, and Voltage Dips and Interruptions.